Monday, June 28, 2010

I get to go somewehre

Hello to All, Sorry I've been wayward in posting but to tell the truth, when you're a old, fat, cripple guy there ain't much to tell you LOL. I'm FINALLY getting over the loss of Buttons, but I have to tell you, we had some very noisy storms over the weekend and at the first clap of thunder, I looked for the little guy. I haven't been sewing or embroidering or anything, mostly just sitting and reading. But I am getting excited about a trip I'm going to be taking on the 5th of July. I'm going to travel to Kutztown, PA for their Folk Festival. There will be over 2500 quilts on display and I'm am very excited to see them. I'm traveling alone but following a couple of my sewing friends so wife doesn't have to worry about me being alone. I've never been to anything this big since I went into the wheelchair in 2000. SO exciting. I'll fill you in on all the fun when I get back. I'm only staying one day at the festival itself, takes about 8 hours to get there and my best friend cashed in his travel miles to get me the hotel for two nights and will travel back on the 7th. Wife is packing me a picnic of cold fried chicken, macaroni salad and nice cold watermelon. And I must say, my opinion is if the good Lord made anything better than fried chicken, he kept it for himself. As to my usual rant, I have come to the conclusion that not enough people are reading my blog because those handicapped parkers are still insane. I wish I was tech savvy enough to figure out how to get the blog out to more folks but, alas, I am not. My buddy and I went to Sam's this weekend and I swear to God, this one "gentleman" parked his car perpendicular in TWO spots. No wheelchair, no cane, no lack of energy in literally running to the door. I mean I know not ALL disabilities are apparent, but I figure if you can jump out of your car and run anywhere, you don't need a handicap parking space. I'm going to start carrying signs I can put on their car's THANKS BUTT HEAD, LEARN TO PARK. Think that would help? Well, I am trying to promise myself that I am going to start making a sweatshirt jacket for my wife, I think a Halloween one. I've got a really nice large design of a haunted house from Anita Goodesign that looks perfect. We'll see. Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment