Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A kinder, gentler, rant; I lost my little best friend


Last Friday I had to put my 13 year old Buttons down. He had developed a large hard mass in his abdomen. I still haven't recovered. We've had lost several dogs over our 39 years together, but this one was the hardest. We had initially bought him as a Mother's Day gift for my Mom who had recently been diagnosed with cancer. She wanted a puppy so we got her one. He was SO little then. They had six months together before she passed. He then became MY dog. We have a total of three but Buttons was MINE. He was on my lap when I'm in my chair. And when I said I was going to bed he ran into the bedroom, sat at the corner and waited to be picked up and put on the blanket I kept at the foot of the bed for him. But when I woke up, he was curled up right next to me. He was such a good dog. Never had an accident in the house, loved to play outside and in and was so gentle and just loved everyone. He never chased the cats, tolerated dogs we rescued, but he was always the boss and let the other dogs know it LOL. I miss him so much. Well enough before I start to slobber all over myself some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment